dmd, x64 and Windows

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Wed Feb 23 13:22:44 PST 2011

On 23/02/11 21:15, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> which apparently installed it in /build/Mingw32, but I can't seem to invoke it:
> $ gdc
> "The program 'gdc' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
> sudo apt-get install gdc"
>
> What do I have to do to be able to run gdc from within any folder?

echo $PATH

The PATH environment variable holds a list of paths where executables
are stored, to invoke a command without a path, it must be in the list.

export PATH=/build/Mingw32/usr/bin:$PATH

gdc should now work (if not, find the correct location of the gdc
executable, I don't recall it - I think I got it right above). If it
works, and you would like to make the change permenant, add the above
line to the end of the .bashrc file in your home directory. As a side
note, the "correct" place for custom, non-distribution software is in
/opt, so you would install to /opt/mingw32 instead of /build.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/