Lazy lists

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 02:01:49 PST 2011

On 02/24/2011 09:55 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 23:51 +0100, spir wrote:
> [ . . . ]
>>       (sequence(["#"])(nextCarpet) drop n next) foreach println
>
> Hey guys, it's PostScript, no it's Forth ;-)

Note that method chaining in typical OO syntax writes the process in
chronological order as well:
	o f1 f2 f3
==>
	o.f1.f2.f3
or
	o.f1().f2().f3()
Unlike common function call syntax which is written backwards:
	f3(f2(f1(o)))
but we're so used to it... to the point that postfix syntax is also called
"reversed" Polish notation, while in fact it expressive the process in 'Forth'
order (lol!).

Denis