"Regular Expression Matching Can Be Simple And Fast (but...) "

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:08:04 PST 2011

On 02/24/2011 11:43 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Actually, that's one of the things I really hate about academic writings in
> general (not that this article is particularly academic, as far as
> academic-themed stuff goes): There's rarely a decent overview. You're
> expected to implicitly piece together the big picture *as* you learn the
> details. Which, of course, is stupid because details mean practically
> nothing without proper context. Context *helps* you understand the details,
> plus it's less to be trying to learn all at once.

Actually, couldn't you say that about 90% of all technical writings, including
purely practicle ones (or rather supposed to), among which much of D doc.
"You're expected to implicitly piece together the big picture *as* you learn
the details". That's the feeling I get, at least. I'm all the time guessing
(esp the /purpose/ of this or that feature or sub-feature).

Denis