Enum "Inheritance"?

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Fri Feb 25 03:48:08 PST 2011

%u Wrote:

> So the question is, what's the best way to do it?

As long as you expose OS cruft, your wrappers are useless, I'm afraid.
I suggest you to provide safe and meaningful wrappers, e.g. streams, ranges, for concrete business cases which deal with OS directly so that the wrapper won't need flags from user (they are usually encoded in the function name) and know all necessary flags for OS call. Some flags are even win9x legacy and new code should not use them and request only needed access. For example, generic* and maximum* flags are usually never needed and their use is discouraged.