Simple HTTP support

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Feb 25 07:01:07 PST 2011

On 2/25/11 8:48 AM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My first post here so I don't know if this is the right place.
>
> I like how phobos is coming along but really miss a HTTP client and I
> think it should be a part of the standard library.
>
> Is anyone working on this currently?
>
> Any thoughts/heads-up if I decide to go ahead an implement it myself
> e.g. regarding ranges and other stuff?
>
> Is it at all possible to get such thing accepted in phobos if someone
> implemented it (and the quality is good enough)?
>
> Thanks
> Jonas

Here's what I think would be great to do:

1. A declarations module for libcurl. We'd put that in etc. You wouldn't
even need to go through the review process, the need and the benefits
are obvious. Nobody has had a chance to do that yet.

2. An API design that is safe (libcurl uses void* and unsafe idioms all
over the API) based on libcurl and integrates well with the rest of
Phobos. This would ideally be discussed prior to implementation and will
need to go through a review.

If you do 1, it would be an awesome good step forward.

Andrei