Simple HTTP support

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Feb 25 12:11:26 PST 2011

On 2011-02-25 17:36, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> On 25/02/11 16.01, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 2/25/11 8:48 AM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> Libcurl declarations could be a way forward. As far as I can see from
> the phobos makefiles there really isn't any dependencies on anything
> other than standard system libraries and zlib. In order to support the
> full curl API the following libs are listed as optional dependencies.
>
> I guess it would not be a good idea to include the source for all these
> like it is done with zlib in etc. So how should this be handled? Should
> all optional deps just be opted out? Alternatively they could be
> statically linked in the binary distribution of phobos?
>
> /Jonas

Tango uses zlib and OpenSSL. I you want to use the modules that uses
those libraries you just have to link to them. If you don't use them you
don't have to do anything. Of curse, this is as long as Phobos is static
library. When I think about it maybe Tango dynamically links to OpenSSL
and statically to zlib.

--
/Jacob Carlborg