std.parallelism: Call for benchmarks

Kevin Bealer kevindangerbealer at removedanger.gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 00:18:14 PST 2011

I would say look for small things people do which are CPU intensive.  One example
is sorting -- it can be parallelized fairly well and yet sorting 10_000_000
elements still takes long enough to be worth parallelizing.

If you want examples of working parallel sort etc you can look in the 'Futurism'
library that I wrote when exploring Futures for D a few years ago, it's on
dsource.  Feel free to use whatever you find in there... There might be some other
examples but I don't remember off hand.

Kevin