Simple HTTP support

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 07:02:40 PST 2011

Am 27.02.2011 15:50, schrieb Jonas Drewsen:
> On 27/02/11 11.47, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I you want to contribute to Phobos do NOT look at the Tango sources. The
>> Phobos developers don't like it.
>
> Okey. That is indeed nice to know. But what is it that they don't like.
> The source code, the design, the API...? It's good to know what not to
> do if something is to be included in phobos :)
>
> /Jonas

There has been an incident where somebody, who was familiar with the
corresponding Tango API, wrote a module for Phobos. Tango devs claimed
he copied code and thus his code couldn't be included in Phobos.
Part of the problem is that Tango's license (BSD-style) is less
permissive than Phobos' boost-license, so code from Tango can't be
reused in Phobos.

Cheers,
- Daniel