Simple HTTP support

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Feb 27 16:30:20 PST 2011

On Sunday 27 February 2011 08:01:36 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 2/27/11 8:50 AM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> > On 27/02/11 11.47, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> >> I you want to contribute to Phobos do NOT look at the Tango sources. The
> >> Phobos developers don't like it.
> >
> > Okey. That is indeed nice to know. But what is it that they don't like.
> > The source code, the design, the API...? It's good to know what not to
> > do if something is to be included in phobos :)
> >
> > /Jonas
>
> WTF? Jacob, for Pete's sake please stop spreading FUD and fomenting
> another interminable discussion. This is not about liking!

True. And we _don't_ want another discussion about this. But the point still
stands that we'd prefer that anyone looking to work on a submission for Phobos
not look at the corresponding Tango API or source code. Misunderstandings and
licensing issues are possible, and we don't want to get into that again. It has
gotten blown out of proportion in the past, and I think that a large portion of
the posters around here don't understand what really happened (hence the FUD - I
very much doubt that Jacob is purposely misinterpreting what happened).

So, we don't want to get into that again (though unfortunately, it's bound to
come up just about any time someone mentions looking at Tango), but it _is_ true
that it's just cleaner for those working on Phobos to avoid Tango. That way,
misunderstandings (on both sides) can be avoided, and we won't have any
potential licensing issues.

- Jonathan M Davis