Simple HTTP support

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 05:08:27 PST 2011

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 04:59:41 -0500, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> I can't find that post by Andrei, neither in my newsgroup reader
> application or the web interface. Has someone removed that post?

One is allowed to cancel one's posts (some newsreaders support this
feature, for example in Opera, you go to your sent items, and right click
on a sent message and there is a "Cancel Post" option).  Jonathan's
newsreader must have downloaded the message before Andrei retracted it.
If my newsreader is running (which it was) when a canceled post goes
through, I get a header, but no message, because the message is not
downloaded until I click on it (which is what I got for this post).

Not joining the discussion, but I just wanted to clarify to avoid any
thoughts of conspiracy ;)

-Steve