SAL at Microsoft

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Feb 28 15:42:07 PST 2011

Adam Ruppe:

> Just accept the few kilobytes of unbearable bloat and use writef,

It's not just template bloat, but also the printing bugs not caught at compile time.
The point of the first post of this thread was to talk about SAL, that Microsoft seems to consider very important. I think this part was missed, focusing only a little part of the whole.

> or write the necessary code yourself so all the burden isn't on Walter.

I am able to write a printing template that takes the format as template argument, and then tests it and calls writef/writetefln. It will take some more years to be good enough to write a whole compiler for a sizeable language.

Bye,
bearophile