Pretty please: Named arguments

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Feb 28 17:48:46 PST 2011

> The more I think about this, the more I'm against the idea of named arguments.

I think you have been blessed to work with only small, clean APIs.
Certain domains definitely promote large argument lists. Though the
designs could certainly be refactored to e.g. group parameters into
separate objects, it's overkill to do that. I'm afraid sheer experience
is showing that your counterarguments are not based.

Andrei