RFC: SI Units facility for Phobos

Simon s.d.hammett at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 13:56:20 PST 2011

> * In the proposed design the user can define a lot of distinct types,
> such as Miles, Yards, and Lbs, which are strictly unnecessary
> (Kilometers, Meters, and Kilograms could be used instead, with
> appropriate I/O conversions to and from other units).

Nope. Where I work we've had complaints before from American customers
where we've done calcs in SI and then converted to Imperial.

For engineering it's important to be able to do your calcs in the
correct unit system.

--
My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
http://www.ssTk.co.uk