Who here actually uses D?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 14:58:57 PST 2011

I use it every day, full time, and have for almost a year now,
and did for several years before that in hobby time.

My web app for work is about 20,000 lines. My (still incomplete)
personal D gui project is ~10,000 lines. I've written about another
12,000 lines of shared library code, and done some hobby games,
the three largest ones being 8000, 3000, and 2000 lines.

The games are written in D1, everything else is D2. These counts
come by doing wc *.d in the project directories, so they'd include
empty lines; it's an over-count surely.

But nevertheless, it's quite a bit of D code! And I find the bugs
people complain about to be incredibly rare; I've hit two or three
really annoying ones over the years, but that's not too bad. (one
is trivial to work around, one was only on Windows and was fixed
last year, and the third sticks around... regular usage of
opDispatch and opCall is good. Getting fancy and mixing it with
other stuff isn't quite ideal yet. But it's still usable. And hell
good but not perfect opDispatch still beats no opDispatch!)