Nimrod language

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jan 1 15:36:17 PST 2011

spir:

> (Even reproduced "elif"

Python doesn't have the switch statement, so to write a switch you sometimes use a sequence of if statements, in this case "elif" helps keep the code more tidy:

x = 3
if x == 0:
    pass
elif x = 1:
    pass
else:
    pass

> and kept the stupid ':' of Python ;-).

It comes from usability studies on the ABC language. If you are going to use a Python-like syntax, then removing those ":" is stupid.

> "Parameters are constant in the procedure body. Their value cannot be changed because this allows the compiler to implement parameter passing in the most efficient way.

I have missed that part of the docs. What kind of "most efficient way"?

Bye,
bearophile