Who here actually uses D?

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 18:44:50 PST 2011

On 2/01/11 2:18 AM, Caligo wrote:
> You don't get it!  If only one back-end was used then there wouldn't be
> three different groups working on three different projects that try to
> accomplish the same thing.

That's not true. If it were then we wouldn't have both GDC and LDC, as
they would combine their efforts as suggested by your theory.

Also, people are free to support the DMD front-end, so we could still in
theory have everyone on the same project (except only Walter could
modify the back end, which is supposedly relatively bug free).