[OT] Embarrasingly ironic timings (Was: Who here actually uses D?)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 1 20:40:43 PST 2011

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ifogsf$20le$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Son of a bitch!
>
> $ dmd html.d dom.d
> /usr/bin32/dmd: line 3: 32183 Segmentation fault      /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> /home/me/d/dmd2/linux/bin/dmd $*
>

> Ironically that I'd hit my first dmd segfault for quite a while
> shortly after making a post saying these things are quite rare.
>
> The line at fault:
>   vars[name] = source;
>
> context:
> Variant[string] vars;
> string name, source;
>
> Workaround:
>    Variant v = source;
>    vars[name] = v;
>

> A trivially easy workaround, but the timing is deliciously ironic.

Similar story, but not directly D related:

A few months ago my computer's onboard ethernet stopped working. The
wonderfully ironic part is that this was no more than a day after I had
finished one of my "Cranky-Kong"-esque rants defending my use of older
computers. (The onboard ethernet seems to be working perfectly fine again
now though. Maybe there was just some dust on the contacts or something.)