Advocacy (Was: Who here actually uses D?)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jan 2 00:38:23 PST 2011

> Don't you see a pattern emerging here? :-) I am able to see that he needs something different from the usual application C programmer.

One more point: Some Microsoft researchers are trying to create a kernel using something higher level than C, using Sing# (but they too use twenty modules written in a kind of typed and proved assembly). Here they accept the little loss of control caused by leaving low level C programming because Spec# gives something back to balance, it gives several static guarantees that normal C code doesn't give.

Bye,
bearophile