Moving to D

Adrian Mercieca amercieca at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 02:15:49 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I am currently mulling if I should be adopting D as my (and subsequently
my company's) language of choice.

We have great experience/investment in C++, so D seems - from what I've
seen so far - as the logical step; D seems to me to be as C++ done right.
I'm also looking at Go in the process, but Go seems to be more of a 'from
C' progression, whilst D seems to be the 'from C++' progression.

I am only worried about 2 things though - which I've read on the net:

1. No 64 bit compiler
2. The Phobos vs Tango issue: is this resolved now? This issue represents
a major stumbling block for me.

Thanks.