Advocacy (Was: Who here actually uses D?)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jan 2 02:31:47 PST 2011

Nick Sabalausky:

> Although, if he suddenly decided he wanted to change something about the
> implementation of virtual tables, with C he'd probably have to rewrite a lot
> of code. Not so with a "depends on the implementation" form of virtual
> tables.

The Coccinelle tool helps a lot, it allows to perform Semantic Patching,
http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/
See slides:
http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/workshop/slides.pdf
(I think coccinelle is usable with D too, maybe with small changes. It may be good for the development of the D compiler too).

Bye,
bearophile