Advocacy (Was: Who here actually uses D?)

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Jan 2 04:03:20 PST 2011

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 13:08:08 +0200, spir <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thank Walter / Digital Mars heartfully for such a present to the
> programming community. Still, I would advocate for an independant
> reference site dedicated to the language properly speaking, without a
> Digital Mars logo on top of the front page (why is it currently there?);
> but instead as many references and pointers to Walter and the Digital
> Mars site as you like.

This could have an adverse effect. Commercial users of D will most likely
find it more satisfying to know that there is a company backing D, from
which they could get commercial support if required. Similarly, if the
main reference website of a language is not affiliated with the company
behind the language, it puts into serious doubt the competence of said
company.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net