Who here actually uses D?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jan 2 09:17:43 PST 2011

Sönke Ludwig:

> Hmm by the way: the good news when talking abount LOC is, the number of
> lines went down by half during the C++ -> D conversion, which is really
> nice :)

When I convert a good amount of C code to D I've seen that another thing you can do is to profile your D code and de-optimize parts of it that don't require performance, rewriting them in a higher-level style. So you are able to shrink the D code some more compared to the C or C++ starting code. In this shrinking refactoring work it is useful to know some higher level language too, because they train you a lot to write shorter code.

Bye,
bearophile