Thread fails to start

Adam Conner-Sax adam_conner_sax at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 16:05:30 PST 2011

Thanks for trying it!

I've seen that outcome once also but usually I don't get the "in produce(...)"
when it hangs.  And I don't get the bus errors (I've gotten them other ways).

I get that I should use spawn (and I am writing a new version to use spawn
everywhere), though I did make it all work without ever using spawn so the mailbox
setup seems to work anyway though I do not understand how. Are both (from spawner
to spawnee and vice versa) mailboxes set up by spawn?  How does the unit test in
std.concurrency work?  It spawns but then sends messages in both directions.

If I get the error on a smaller subset I will post.  It was all working then at
some point as I was moving toward the std.concurrency way, it all broke in the way
I described so I don't know how to make a smaller version that also has the error.

Adam