std.unittests for (final?) review

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jan 3 02:17:49 PST 2011

Jonathan M Davis Wrote:

> But personally, I'd be a bit worried to see more than simple assertions inside of
> contracts.

I agree. And I hope to see Phobos contracts as soon as possible free of enforce() and similar exceptions. It's not just a matter of performance. Otherwise enforce() risks becoming a permanent workaround for a missing but necessary feature. A way to solve the problem DMD has to use a Phobos library compiled in not-release mode when you don't use the -release switch.

Bye,
bearophile