std.unittests for (final?) review

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Mon Jan 3 03:07:01 PST 2011

bearophile wrote:
> Jens Mueller:
>
> > I agree with bearophile. Unit testing can be implemented on top of the
> > language and shouldn't be put into it.
>
> This is not what I have said. I was talking about option IV I have explained here:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=107997

Not sure but is this compatible with your option IV:
Built advanced unit testing capabilities on top of the existing ones in
a module.

You want to add hooks. If you just need them because right now some
things cannot be implemented (e.g. because a unit test has no name) then
we perfectly agree. There might be things in the current built-in unit
testing that prevent implementing some advanced feature on top of them.
That needs to be done.

Jens