Advocacy (Was: Who here actually uses D?)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Jan 3 11:49:02 PST 2011

bearophile wrote:
> It means that if today you have better versions of Visual Studio, then you
> have a static checker for contracts. I have not used them yet, I will try to
> try them. As you see Microsoft is pushing some of its research in the Real
> World today.

And as I pointed out to you, their contract support is *fundamentally* broken.
Furthermore, their static checker for contracts only works in *trivial* cases,
as I also showed to you. This is not a technology that is ready for real world use.

> And regardless the usefulness of Verve today, they contain some quite
> interesting ideas. I'm not just an engineer, I like ideas too. Shutting the
> brain closed is stupid.

Interesting ideas is not the same thing as usable/better for kernel dev.
Interesting ideas are a dime a dozen. Getting them to work in a professionally
useful tool is an entirely different matter.