Moving to D

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Thu Jan 6 12:30:36 PST 2011

On 06/01/11 19:46, Walter Bright wrote:
> One thing I like a lot about svn is this:
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/291

That's Trac, not SVN doing it - all other version control systems do a
similar thing.

> where the web view will highlight the revision's changes. Does git or
> mercurial do that? The other thing I like a lot about gif is it sends
> out emails for each checkin.

This is easily doable with both mercurial and git. If you use a tool
like bitbucket or github (which I *highly* recommend you do, opens up a
huge community to you, I know of several cases where projects have been
discovered through them and gained contributors etc).

> One thing I would dearly like is to be able to merge branches using meld.
>
> http://meld.sourceforge.net/

There's guides for doing this in both mercurial and git, you generally
just run one command one time and forget about it, any time you do
git/hg merge it will then automatically use meld or any other tool you
discover.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/