Patterns of Bugs

Guilherme Vieira n2.nitrogen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:37:49 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Robert Clipsham
<robert at octarineparrot.com>wrote:

> On 06/01/11 19:38, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> http://www.drdobbs.com/blog/archives/2011/01/patterns_of_bug.html
>>
>> (dedicated to bearophile!)
>>
>> Anyone want to post it on reddit?
>>

> "It's too bad there doesn't seem to be an online repository of them. They
> would make for great research material for programming language designers.
> Every one you can design out of existence will incrementally improve the
> productivity of programmers."
>
> Perhaps someone here would like to volunteer for this? I guess some kind of
> moderated bugzilla would do the trick, it'd be awesome to have some table of
> languages and how many of the types bugs they prevent/kind of prevent as
> well.
>
> If no one else volunteers I guess I could hack something crude together, it
> would still need people to volunteer bugs for it, as well as sources/proof
> for each bug (links to changesets/projects that have encountered this issue
> etc).
>
> --
> Robert
> http://octarineparrot.com/

I loved the idea, but I personally dislike Bugzilla and I wonder if it would
work for something like that. Anyway a voting system would be mandatory.

In any case, isn't there something like this already?

--
Atenciosamente / Sincerely,
Guilherme ("n2liquid") Vieira