Moving to D

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu Jan 6 17:35:45 PST 2011

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 03:30:16 +0200, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> I'd consider running under MSYS to be a *major* disadvantage. MSYS is
> barely
> usable garbage (and cygwin is just plain worthless).

Why? MSysGit works great here! I have absolutely no issues with it. It
doesn't pollute PATH, either, because by default only one directory with
git/gitk is added to PATH. MSysGit can even integrate with PuTTYLink and
use your PuTTY SSH sessions (but you can of course also use MSys'
OpenSSH). Git GUI and Gitk even run better on Windows in my experience
(something weird about Tcl/Tk on Ubuntu).

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net