Moving to D

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Thu Jan 6 17:43:36 PST 2011

On 2011-01-06 20:30:53 -0500, "Vladimir Panteleev"
<vladimir at thecybershadow.net> said:

> On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 03:17:50 +0200, Michel Fortin
> <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote:
>
>> Easy forking is nice, but it could be a problem in our case. The
>> license  for the backend is not open-source enough for someone to
>> republish it  (in a separate own repo) without Walter's permission.
>
> I suggested elsewhere in this thread that the two must be separated
> first.  I think it must be done anyway when moving to a DVCS,
> regardless of the  specific one or which hosting site we'd use.

Which means that we need another solution for the backend, and if that
solution isn't too worthless it could be used to host the other parts
too and keep them together.

That said, wherever the repositories are kept, nothing prevents them
from being automatically mirrored on github (or anywhere else) by
simply adding a post-update hook in the main repository.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/