Patterns of Bugs

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 11:51:16 PST 2011

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:44:10 -0500, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> "Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
> news:ig7n8o$1t3u$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Max Samukha wrote:

>>> Good points. However, computer hardware analogies are a bit outdated.
>>> For
>>> example, USB is prevalent nowadays. You connect a USB keyboard, mouse
>>> or
>>> whatever to a slot, which is closest to you and forget about it.
>>
>> Yes, USB is a big improvement. So is SATA.
>>

> IDE's been keyed for a long time too. Wasn't originally, but has been
> for a
> long time now.

SATA is better not because of the keyed nature of it.  How many times I
have tried to twist around my IDE cables so they would be the right way to
plug into two components!

That small cable makes a world of difference.  Same thing with HDMI --
instead of 3-5 clunky cables that hopefully are color coded correctly, you
get one cable transmitting all data.

-Steve