Moving to D

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 13:55:34 PST 2011

> Funny thing about that: After accidentally committing a subdirectory instead
> of the full project one too many times, I submitted a TortoiseSVN feature
> request for an option to always commit the full working directory, or at
> least an option to warn when you're not committing the full working
> directory. They absolutely lynched me for having such a suggestion.
Of course. You're in conflict with the only hardly-functional
branching support SVN knows. (Copy directory)

I know some people who considers it a feature to always check out
entire SVN-repos, including all branches and all tags. Of course, they
are the same people who set aside half-days to do the checkout, and
considers it a days work to actually merge something back.