DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jan 8 14:34:19 PST 2011

Michel Fortin wrote:
> I know you had your reasons, but perhaps it's time for you upgrade to a
> more recent version of Ubuntu? That version is what comes with Hardy
> Heron (april 2008).
> <https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/meld>

I know. The last time I upgraded Ubuntu in place it f****d up my system so bad I
had to wipe the disk and start all over. It still won't play videos correctly
(the previous Ubuntu worked fine), the rhythmbox music player never worked
again, it wiped out all my virtual boxes, I had to spend hours googling around
trying to figure out how to reconfigure the display driver so the monitor worked
again, etc.

I learned my lesson! Yes, I'll eventually upgrade, but I'm not looking forward
to it.

> Or you could download the latest version from meld's website and compile
> it yourself.

Yeah, I could spend an afternoon doing that.