DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Mon Jan 10 19:46:49 PST 2011

Sat, 08 Jan 2011 12:36:39 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> Lutger Blijdestijn wrote:

>>> I use git for other projects, and meld doesn't work with it.
>>
>> What version are you on? I'm using 1.3.2 and its supports git and
>> mercurial (also committing from inside meld & stuff, I take it this is
>> what you mean with supporting a vcs).
>
> The one that comes with: sudo apt-get meld
>
> 1.1.5.1

One thing came to my mind. Unless you're using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, your
Ubuntu version isn't supported anymore. They might have already removed
the package repositories for unsupported versions and that might indeed
lead to problems with graphics and video players as you said.

The support for desktop 8.04 and 9.10 is also nearing its end (April this
year). I'd recommend backing up your /home and installing 10.04 LTS or
10.10 instead.