eliminate junk from std.string?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:14:29 PST 2011

On 01/11/2011 04:11 PM, Max Samukha wrote:
> Anyway, the necessity for super-cryptic abbreviated names doesn't exist
> any more. Maybe, they are justified for very frequently used stuff but
> stripl/stripr is not the case.

+++
Standard names should all be as obvious as possible. Then, everyone is
free to alias stripLeft & stripRight to sl & sr ;-) But standard lib
should be super clear code; show the right example of what clarity means
--not the opposite!
And I ask again: what to do with all inherited junk breaking naming
rules like uint, size_t, malloc...?

Denis