eliminate junk from std.string?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Jan 11 12:44:57 PST 2011

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:igibu6$154q$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> Why care where they come from? Why not make them intuitive? Say, like,
>> "Always
>> camel case"?
>
> Because people are used to those names due to their wide use. It's the
> same reason that we still use Qwerty keyboards.

Then why switch langauges at all?

When you move to a different language you expect that language is going to
have its own set of conventions. And even more than that, you also expect it
to at least be internally-consistent, not a grab-bag of different styles.
Are they really supposed to remember "Oh, oh, this func comes from this
language, so it's capitalized this way, and that one comes from that
language so it's capitalized that way..."

Not only that, but D has far, far bigger, more significant differences from
Ruby/Python/JS/etc than the capitalization of a few functions. If people are
going to come over and get used to *those* changes, then using toLower
instead of tolower is going to be a downright triviality for them. Your cart
is before your horse.