What are we missing, in terms of tool support?

Andrej Mitrovic none at none.none
Wed Jan 12 16:56:06 PST 2011

Currently I'm using Vim (after the last 10 attempts I've finally made the switch and now I'm sticking with it), and it does provide quite a bit of functionality right in the get-go.

I have just written a guide 2 days ago on how to set up Cscope to use it with Vim and D (it's a bit Windows specific but easily adaptable to Linux): http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReferenceForTools/Cscope

I'm pretty sure Cscope can be used with Emacs and other editors as well. (Etags, right? :p)
You can also download a prebuilt binary for Ctags on Windows:
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReferenceForTools/ExuberantCtags

They both work pretty good for D, even though they were never designed for it. Ctags does need a tiny patch though.
So for jumping around source code we're all set (in Vim land at least).

I don't want to make this Vim-specific, so I'm wondering what features are we missing in today's D editors/IDE's that other languages already have in their editors/IDE's?

As for any Vimmers: has anyone set up a debugging system that they use with D? I was just about to go look into that, but if someone has already looked into it any info you could give me would be great!