website layout

Don nospam at nospam.com
Thu Jan 13 02:15:24 PST 2011

Trass3r wrote:
> I think the website layout should be rethought, couldn't even find the
> "Programming in D for C++ Programmers" page I wanted to show to a
> workmate without an explicit search.
>
> Imho it's important to have such comparison pages easily accessible
> cause many people think "why should I learn yet another language, I'm
> fine with C++/Java/whatever"
>
> Also I don't understand why http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/
> comparison.html only contains 1 column for D and no other languages so
> you can directly see what they are all missing.

It used to contain several languages. It was removed due to intense
criticism. Basically, those kinds of lists are so subjective that all
they do is cause offense. Especially when the list has colour coding
green/red/yellow where green implicitly means 'good'.

There might be some value in a list of key design decisions, and list
various languages as "same as D"/"different from D".