website layout

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:25:30 PST 2011

Trass3r Wrote:

> I think the website layout should be rethought, couldn't even find the
> "Programming in D for C++ Programmers" page I wanted to show to a
> workmate without an explicit search.

Note that the site is eventually going to move to

http://d-programming-language.org/

but that doesn't really help with this problem.

> Imho it's important to have such comparison pages easily accessible
> cause many people think "why should I learn yet another language, I'm
> fine with C++/Java/whatever"

I tried very hard to layout of the highly referenced Wiki4D so that information like this was easy to find following links, and not to miss lead on the state of the compiler.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage

You can find such a comparison: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguagesVersusD