DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Jan 13 16:12:58 PST 2011

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:igm2um$2omg$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 05:43:27 +0200, Walter Bright
>> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The keyboards fail so often I keep a couple spares around.
>>
>> Let me guess, all cheap rubber-domes? Maybe you should have a look at
>> some professional keyboards. Mechanical keyboards are quite durable, and
>> feel much nicer to type on.
>
> Yup, the $9.99 ones. They also get things spilled on them, why ruin an
> expensive one? <g>

I've got a $6 one I've been using for years, and I frequently beat the shit
out of it. And I mean literally just pounding on it, not to type, but just
to beat :) With all the physical abuse I give this ultra-cheapie thing, I
honestly can't believe it still works fine after all these years. "AOpen"
gets my approval for keyboards :) (Heh, I actually had to turn it over to
check the brand. I had no idea what it was.)

I never spill anything on it, though.