eliminate junk from std.string?

Eric Poggel dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net
Thu Jan 13 19:25:35 PST 2011

On 1/11/2011 2:42 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> Why care where they come from? Why not make them intuitive? Say, like,
>> "Always
>> camel case"?
>
> Because people are used to those names due to their wide use. It's the
> same reason that we still use Qwerty keyboards.

I disagree strongly with this.  I remember function names phonetically
in my head.  I don't want to have to remember which language it came
from in order to know what the casing should be.  And these function
names aren't nearly standardized as a qwerty keyboard.  And besides, D
makes much more radical departures from languages in other areas (which
is usually a good thing).

Php is already ridiculed for its library having no internal consistency.
  I don't want the same thing to happen to phobos.