DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Stanislav Blinov blinov at loniir.ru
Fri Jan 14 03:55:08 PST 2011

14.01.2011 3:12, Nick Sabalausky пишет:
> "Walter Bright"<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>  wrote in message
> news:igm2um$2omg$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

>>> Let me guess, all cheap rubber-domes? Maybe you should have a look at
>>> some professional keyboards. Mechanical keyboards are quite durable, and
>>> feel much nicer to type on.
>> Yup, the $9.99 ones. They also get things spilled on them, why ruin an
>> expensive one?<g>
> I've got a $6 one I've been using for years, and I frequently beat the shit
> out of it. And I mean literally just pounding on it, not to type, but just
> to beat :) With all the physical abuse I give this ultra-cheapie thing, I
> honestly can't believe it still works fine after all these years. "AOpen"
> gets my approval for keyboards :) (Heh, I actually had to turn it over to
> check the brand. I had no idea what it was.)
>
> I never spill anything on it, though.
I felt very depressed when my first keyboard failed - the rubber shocks
got tired and started to tear. It served me for more than 10 years in
everything from gaming to writing university reports to programming
(pounding, dropping and spilling/sugaring included). And it was an old
one - without all those annoying win-keys and stuff. Never got another
one that would last at least a year. One of the recent ones died taking
with it a USB port on the mobo (or maybe it was vice-versa, I don't know).