VLERange: a range in between BidirectionalRange and RandomAccessRange

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 05:39:07 PST 2011

> Thanks. One further question is: in the above example with
> u-with-umlaut, there is one code point that corresponds to the entire
> combination. Are there combinations that do not have a unique code point?

See my previous follow-up to nick's explanation. But the answer is yes,
not only for usual characters, but due to the fact that a user is,
theoratically and practically, totally free to combine base ad combining
codes --even to invent chracters. The only limit is that fonts will not
know how to display unprobable combinations.
(See also my presentation text, shows an example of dots below and above
greek letters.)

Denis