DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 12:02:38 PST 2011

Am 14.01.2011 20:50, schrieb Walter Bright:
> Daniel Gibson wrote:
>> But a few years ago it was a lot worse, especially with cheap inkjets.
>> Many supported only GDI printing which naturally is best supported on
>> Windows (GDI is a windows interface).
>
> Yeah, but I bought an *HP* laserjet, because I thought everyone
> supported them well.
>
> Turns out I probably have the only orphaned HP LJ model.

Yes, the HP Laserjets usually have really good support with PCL and
sometimes even Postscript.
You said you've got a HP (Laserjet?) 2300?
On http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-LaserJet_2300 it says that
printer "works perfectly" and supports PCL 5e, PCL6 and Postscript level 3.

Generally http://www.openprinting.org/printers is a really good page to
see if a printer has Linux-support and where to get drivers etc.

Cheers,
- Daniel