VLERange: a range in between BidirectionalRangeandRandomAccessRange

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jan 14 13:27:49 PST 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.631.1295038817.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>On 1/14/11, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>> import std.stdio;
>>
>> version(Windows)
>> {
>>     import std.c.windows.windows;
>>     extern(Windows) export BOOL SetConsoleOutputCP(UINT);
>> }
>>
>> void main()
>> {
>>     version(Windows) SetConsoleOutputCP(65001);
>>
>>     writeln("HuG says: Fukken Über Death Terminal");
>> }
>>

>Does that work for you? I get back:
>HuG says: Fukken Ãœber Death Terminal

Yea, it works for me (XP Pro SP2 32-bit), and my "chcp" is 437, not 65001.
The NG or copy-paste might have messed it up. Try with a code-point escape
sequence:

import std.stdio;

version(Windows)
{
    import std.c.windows.windows;
    extern(Windows) export BOOL SetConsoleOutputCP(UINT);
}

void main()
{
    version(Windows) SetConsoleOutputCP(65001);

    writeln("HuG says: Fukken \u00DCber Death Terminal");