endsWith() doesn't work with const(wchar[])s

%u wfunction at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:54:39 PST 2011

> What you really want is for IFTI to strip down const/immutable on arrays and
basic types.  I think it's a bugzilla bug somewhere, if not it's definitely been
discussed on the phobos mailing list.

Ah, all right then, nice!

> Since 2.041, this cannot happen.  A resize of a slice where data will be
overwritten from the original array always results in a reallocation.

So I assume the same is true if you try to resize a slice of non-GC-managed memory
(even if it won't overwrite anything), correct? That's comforting to know, thank
you! :)