DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 15 19:11:26 PST 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:igt2pl$2u6e$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 1/15/11 2:23 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> I still use CRTs (one big reason being that I hate the idea of only being
>> able to use one resolution)
>
> I'd read some post of Nick and think "hmm, now that's a guy who follows
> only his own beat" but this has to take the cake. From here on, I wouldn't
> be surprised if you found good reasons to use whale fat powered candles
> instead of lightbulbs.

Heh :)  Well, I can spend no money and stick with my current 21" CRT that
already suits my needs (that I only paid $25 for in the first place), or I
can spend a hundred or so dollars to lose the ability to have a decent
looking picture at more than one resolution and then say "Gee golly whiz!
That sure is a really flat panel!!". Whoop-dee-doo. And popularity and
trendyness are just non-issues.