DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jan 15 19:30:06 PST 2011

On Saturday 15 January 2011 13:13:41 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 1/15/11 2:23 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > I still use CRTs (one big reason being that I hate the idea of only being
> > able to use one resolution)
>
> I'd read some post of Nick and think "hmm, now that's a guy who follows
> only his own beat" but this has to take the cake. From here on, I
> wouldn't be surprised if you found good reasons to use whale fat powered
> candles instead of lightbulbs.

But don't you just _hate_ the fact that lightbulbs don't smell? How can you
stand that? ;)

Yes. That does take the cake. And I want it back, since cake sounds good right
now. LOL.

This thread has serious been derailed. I wonder if I should start a new one one
the source control issue. I'd _love_ to be able to use git with Phobos and
druntime rather than svn, and much as I've never used mercurial and have no clue
how it compares to git, it would have to be an improvement over svn.
Unfortunately, that topic seems to have not really ultimately gone anywhere in
this thread.

- Jonathan M Davis