DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 11:06:31 PST 2011

I stuck with my CRT for a long time. What I really liked about it
was the bright colors. I've never seen an LCD match that.

But, my CRT started to give out. It'd go to a bright line in the
middle and darkness everywhere else at random. It started doing
it just every few hours, then it got to the point where it'd do
it every 20 minutes or so.

I found if I give it a nice pound on the side, it'd go back to
normal for a while. I was content for that for months.

... but the others living with me weren't. *WHACK* OH MY GOD
JUST BUY A NEW ONE ALREADY!

So I gave in and looked for a replacement CRT with the same specs.
But couldn't find one. I gave in and bought an LCD in the same
price range (~$150) with the same resolution (I liked what I had!)

Weighed less, left room on the desk for my keyboard, and best of all,
I haven't had to hit it yet. But colors haven't looked quite the same
since and VGA text mode just looks weird. Alas.