DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jan 16 14:14:12 PST 2011

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> FWIW, when computer monitors regularly use the pixel density that the newer
> iPhones currently have, then I'd imagine that would easily compensate for
> scaling artifacts on non-native resultions enough to get me to find and get
> one with a small enough delay (assuming I had the $ and needed a new
> monitor).

I bought the iPod with the retina display. That gizmo has done the impossible -
converted me into an Apple fanboi.

I absolutely love that display. The weird thing is set it next to an older iPod
with the lower res display. They look the same. But I find I can read the retina
display without reading glasses, and it's much more fatiguing to do that with
the older one. Even though they look the same!

You can really see the difference if you look at both using a magnifying glass.

I can clearly see the screen door even on my super-dee-duper 1900x1200 monitor,
but not at all on the iPod.

I've held off on buying an iPad because I want one with a retina display, too
(and the camera for video calls).